This article presents the method to import Value Lists used in forms,CI attributes and plug-ins.
When creating one of these elements, you can aid data entry for Combo boxes and in the case of forms Radio buttons. The values for these lists can be created or modified via an import with DataImporter, with the exeption of the Plug-in category that is managed by the people at Octopus.
- DataImporter -XML Configuration File
- Back to main page for DataImporter
- NameFR - Text (255)
- Indicates the name of the list in French.
- NameEN - Text (255)
Indicates the name of the list in English.
- ValueFR - Text (1000)
- Name of the value in French.
- ValueEN - Text (1000)
Name of the value in English.
- Indicates in which category the list will be added or modified.
- Must be a category that exists.
- The possible choices are CI Attribute, Form or All.
- The Plug-in category can only be changed by the people from Octopus, unless specified otherwise.
- If no category is specified, the list will be added to the Form category.
- Rank - Whole number
Indicates the value position in the list.
If no rank is specified, the values will be presented to the user in alphabetical order, according to his language.
Configuration File Content (ImportValueLists.xml)
The declaration of the source is done by indicating CustomLookupGroup in the <Content> tag.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Sources> <Source Name="Value list" > <ConnectionString>Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\Import\ImportValueLists.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";</ConnectionString> <ViewName>[Import Value Lists$]</ViewName> <Content>CustomLookupGroup</Content> </Source> </Sources>
To explain the tags used in all types and to find out more about the types of files, please refer to the XML Configuration File article
Thank you, your message has been sent.