Table of contents
This article explains the method used to import the leased CI, linked to equipment lease contracts.
- Import Lease Contracts
- XML Configuration file
- Back to main page for DataImporter
- Back to the Import Source Specification list
- Contract - Text (50)
- Must contain the contract number
- CI - Text (100)
- Must contain the CI name
- Cost - Decimal
- CI cost.
- The value must be between 0 and 9 999 999.99
Configuration File (XML)
The declaration of the source is done by indicating the LeasedCI value in the <Content> tag.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Sources> <Source Name="ImportLeasedCI" > <ConnectionString>Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Import\Contrat de location\LeaseContracts.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";</ConnectionString> <ViewName>[Import LeasedCI$]</ViewName> <Content>LeasedCI</Content> </Source> </Sources>
To explain the tags used in all types and to find out more about the types of files, please refer to the XML Configuration File article.
Information on Additional Tags
To import CI under lease contracts, the XML file can contain 1 additional tag. This tag is not mandatory and if it's not specified, the default value will be used.
Management of Empty Fields
DataImporter can help clean the data contained in Octopus when empty fields are encountered. If this tag is not present, the NoChange default value will be used.
If you want to use this tag as part of an import, it is important that your data source only contain columns to act on. DataImporter will systematically try to clean all these columns. You can clean all fields except:
- Required fields
- Fields that have been configured as mandatory in the Octopus database
- Fields that accept only specific values, for example boolean type fields (yes/no).
Permitted values for the EmptyValueHandling tag
- Clear: The existing value in Octopus will be cleared and the field will be empty
- NoChange (Default Value): Fields that are empty in the data source being imported will be ignored and the existing value in Octopus will be kept
To use this tag, add the following line to the XML file :
Thank you, your message has been sent.