Table of contents
Importing CI attributes allows to add information to CIs depending on what is important to know for a specific type.
The CI Types must already be imported before proceeding to this type of import.
Link to the articles related to the import of CI attributes and to the XML configuration file.
- XML Configuration File
- Back to main page for DataImporter
- Back to the Import Source Specification list
Available fields for CI attributes import
- Type – Text(125)
- Attribute – Text(125)
- Rank - Numeric
- Represents the order in which the attribute will be displayed on the Configuration tab of a CI.
- Indicates if the modifications to the attribute will be kept in the history
- Accepted values are: 1 or 0, True or False, Yes or No
- If this field is not completed, the default value is Yes
Configuration file content
The declaration of the source is done by indicating the CITypeAttribute value in the <Content> tag.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Sources> <Source Name="CITypeAttributeImport"> <ConnectionString>Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\Import\ConfigCIType_EN.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";</ConnectionString> <ViewName>[Import Attribute$]</ViewName> <Content>CITypeAttribute</Content> <!-- Additionnal tags --> </Source> </Sources>
Refer to the XML Configuration File article that explains how to program references to the data sources.
Thank you, your message has been sent.