Table of contents
When creating a new Octopus database, it comes with pre-established configurations to facilitate the integration experience of a request management tool based on ITIL key concepts.
This article describes the content of these configurations. We have made some modifications to our previous standard model; the SR structure has been revised. We have added tasks standard forms that propose more standard ways to work, that will help you to develop your own service requests. We have also revised the incidents categorization to make them more generic and aligned with ITIL.
These modifications have two (2) main goals: To better exploit the improvements made to Octopus in the past year, and also reinforce the Octopus approach, which focuses on rapid gains in parallel with the implementation of the tool.
- Basic Configurations - Incidents
- Includes the categories / sub-categories, the incident templates, impacts, urgencies, priorities, incident sources and reasons for canceling, marking as pending and suspending.
- Basic Configurations - Service Requests
- Includes SR types structure, the tasks structure and the Web forms structure as well.
"Configurations" module- CMDB
- Basic Configurations - "Configurations" module
- Includes the CI Types structure as well as attributes and relations for each one of them.
- Basic Configurations - General
- Groupes, funding sources, types of service contracts
Thank you, your message has been sent.