Table of contents
This article describes how to import attached files to be linked to CI in Octopus.
Requirements for importing files
To be able to import attached files, the following conditions must be met:
- Files to be attached need to be located directly on your local server.
- The service account for the Octopus server (normally Network Service) must have read access to the source folder containing the files to be imported.
- The service account for the Octopus server (normally Network Service) must have full control to the attachment share. If the attachment share is located on another server, you might have to temporarily configure the share allowing Everyone full control.
- CI - Text (100)
- Must contain the CI name
- Attachment - Text
- Must contain the complete local path to find the file to attach
- Example: C:\FolderName\FileName.txt
Configuration File (XML)
The declaration of the source is done by indicating the CIAttachment value in the <Content> tag.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Sources> <Source Name="CI Attachment Import" > <ConnectionString>Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\Import\CI.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";</ConnectionString> <ViewName>[Import CIAttachement$]</ViewName> <Content>CIAttachment</Content> </Source> </Sources>
Thank you, your message has been sent.