To test the POP3 connection used by MailIntegration:
- Send an e-mail to the mailbox being tested
- Use a program to test connectivity (Telnet, PuTTY, OpenSSL) by connecting to the appropriate server and port.
- To test a secured connection, you will have to use OpenSSL.
- Type the following command: USER UserName
- Type the following command : PASS UserPassword
- Type the following command: LIST
- The server will provide the list of the message IDs in the mailbox. There should be at least one message.
- Type the following command : QUIT
If you aren't able to successfully complete this test, you need to contact your e-mail server or network administrator to help resolve the problem. Common problems are:
- The server doesn't accept POP3 connections
- The wrong combination of server name, address or port was used
- The name of the mailbox(user) isn't recognized
- The password for the mailbox (user)is invalid
- The SSL certificate doesn't match the server name used.
Until this test is completed successfully, there is no point in testing MailIntegration.
Thank you, your message has been sent.